Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Field Work 2013

-->
My summer 2013 research trip began Wednesday 29, June 2013.  This summer’s research will focus on recording MacGillivray’s Warblers from the northern part of the breeding range in Montana. Washington, British Columbia and Alberta.  These data will complement the recordings from last summer throughout much of the western United States.  This effort is part of a larger study of macrogeographic variation in song of this species and comparison with its closest eastern relative, the Mourning Warbler.

I first began this trip on 29 June, 2013, spending three days travelling from New Hampshire to Pennsylvania, then to Wisconsin, then to Spearfish, South Dakota.  I finally arrived at my first study site in the Gallatin National Forest south of Bozeman, Montana.  The following blog entries will be my summaries of field work including day lists of birds, videos and photos.  

Crazy Mountains - Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment