Saturday, June 13, 2009

Manitoba 2009 Part 1


I just got into Dauphin, Manitoba yesterday afternoon. I needed a hotel stay to setup and test the playback experiment equipment.


During this part of the trip in Canada, I will be doing playback experiments to determine whether males from western Canada are able to detect differences between their western song types versus Eastern, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland dialects.

I am headed for Duck Mountain Provincial Park to begin this first phase of the playback experiment study.

In the meantime, I was able to watch an exciting ending to the Stanley Cup finals last night as the Penguins edged the defending champs - Detroit Redwings. Billy Guerin played a critical role in Pittsburgh's run up to the cup and through the playoffs. He is the nephew of our former Academic Dean at Saint Anselm College, Father Peter Guerin, OSB. Congratulations to the Guerin family.

My field work has been generously supported by a Summer Research Grant from Saint Anselm College.

No comments:

Post a Comment