Saturday, June 23, 2012

21 June 2012

I made it to Laurence Lake Reservoir where I recorded birds 27 years ago. I had an excellent morning recording 16 males. I was finally lucky enough to get some video of Eurasian Collared Doves that were introduced to the US in Florida in the 1980s. They have spread rapidly across the US, especially the western states (and they like to have sex – see below)

I also completed the Sapsucker Sweep. I saw a Williamson’s Sapsucker female that completes my North American sweep of all sapsuckers on this trip: Yellow-bellied, Red-naped. Red-breasted and Williamson's.


Eurasian Collared Dove




Eurasian Collared Dove Copulating




Day-list: Oregon: Hood River Co., Mt. Hood area


Turkey Vulture

Red-tailed Hawk

Spotted Sandpiper

Mourning Dove

Eurasian Collated Dove

Belted Kingfisher

Williamson’s Sapsucker

Hairy Woodpecker

Northern Flicker

Common Nighthawk

Olive-sided Flycatcher

Willow Flycatcher

Western Kingbird

Steller’s Jay

Gray Jay

Northern Raven

Red-breasted Nuthatch

House Wren

Winter Wren

Golden-crowned Kinglet

Swainson’s Thrush

Hermit Thrush

American Rbin

European Starling

Warbling Vireo

Yellow-rumped Warbler

MacGillivray’s Warbler

Western Tanager

Black-headed Grosbeak

Lazuli Bunting

Fox Sparrow

Song Sparrow

Dark-eyed Junco

Brewer’s Blackbird

Pine Siskin

No comments:

Post a Comment