Sunday, June 10, 2012

8 June 2012

I finished recording birds this morning in Wyoming. Once again they were primarily in the willows along Lander Creek. After recording from this area, I travelled on to Magic Moutnain, Idaho (Sawtooth National Forest) where I had recorded and collected MacGillivray’s Warblers for my thesis work 27 years ago. I encountered some interesting events along the drive. I took some photos of a wind farm in Idaho, west of Pocatello. I also took video of some Sandhill Cranes foraging in the grass near the Gray Lake NWR. Finally, in Twin Falls I took some photos of the Snake River canyon in town.


Wind Farm



Sandhill Cranes video




Snake River canyon



Day-list
Wyoming: Lincoln Co., Smith’s Fork Rd., south of Smoot, Bridger National Forest, 8 June, 2012

Ruffed Grouse
Bald Eagle
Swainson’s Hawk
Spotted Sandpiper
Broad-tailed Hummingbird
Red-naped Sapsucker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Willow Flycatcher
Warbling Vireo
Northern Raven
Tree Swallow
Barn Swallow
Mountain Chickadee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
House Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Mountain Bluebird
Swainson’s Thrush
Hermit Thrush
American Robin
Yellow Warbler
MacGillivray’s Warbler
Wilson’s Warbler
Western Tanager
Green-tailed Towhee
Fox Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Lincoln’s Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Black-headed Grosbeak
Brewer’s Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird
Cassin’s Finch
Pine Siskin
American Goldfinch

No comments:

Post a Comment