Thursday, June 28, 2012

27 June 2012

It was a beautiful sunny day and I finished up recording for this area very early this morning. MacGillivray’s Warblers were very common. I took some habitat photos near a nest where the 2 parents were quite irate about my intrusion. I headed northeast of Seattle to my next study site at Oso near Arlington where I checked into a hotel.


MacGillivray’s Warbler habitat and likely nest site



Day-list: Washington: Chelan Co., Lake Wenatchee area


Spotted Sandpiper

Red-naped Sapsucker

Hairy Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

Olive-sided Flycatcher

Willow Flycatcher

Gray Jay

Steller’s Jay

Northern Raven

Chestnut-backed Chickadee

Red-breasted Nuthatch

Winter Wren

House Wren

Golden-crowned Kinglet

Hermit Thrush

Swainson’s Thrush

Veery

American Robin

Varied Thrush

Warbling Vireo

Nashville Warbler

Yellow Warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Townsend’s Warbler

MacGillivray’s Warbler

Common Yellowthroat

Wilson’s Warbler

Western Tanager

Black-headed Grosbeak

Spotted Towhee

White-crowned Sparrow

Dark-eyed Junco

Brown-headed Cowbird

Pine Siskin

No comments:

Post a Comment